Corona Virus Update

Corona Virus Update

Postby Mat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:34 pm

As things are getting more heated with the Coronavirus we are focusing on all RA's and pending issues to make sure everyone is resolved in case we are forced to close. At the moment the VPI Factory has taken a lot of precautions and essentially we are all self quarantined with everyone limiting their access to being home and coming in. We are trying to remain open as long as possible to continue providing our service and keep our people working. Of course doing this while keeping safe practices in the factory.

We aren't letting any visitors at the factory or the VPI House for those same precautions. This situation is putting a bunch of projects on hold since a lot of our partners are closing or having delays because of the situation. In the meantime, send us emails or messages directly to Sean, Claire, Jose, Adam, or myself and don't be shy about bugging us. We might miss the initial message.

On the positive side, we are planning to have E-Events and listening sessions via live stream for everyone to enjoy from the comfort and safety of your own home. The best thing to do is to stay safe, spin some records, wash your hands, and keep others around you in mind during this situation.
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Re: Corona Virus Update

Postby theeng » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Mat,

Not sure of your work place practices, but Hepastat 256 is a concentrated disenfectant/cleaner that is widely used in Medical and other facilities, and it is still available for purchase Walmart, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Brighton-Hep ... /576898277 at a very reasonable price, it mixes 0.5 ounces per gallon of fresh (tap) water.

Be careful with the concentrate, as a concentrate it is hazardous, handle with nitrile gloves and eye protection, but once mixed is safe for the duration of COVID-19. If you purchase, when using in a spray bottle use the sprayer slowly to minimize aersol of which some people can be sensitive to, especially anyone with asthma. Please do not get creative with this product, if you mix it with say a dish detergent you could end up with a gooey pastey mess because the Hepastat 256 cationic surfactant which is the biocide is not soluble with the anionic surfactant that used by dish detergents.

My knowledge of this product was learned after I noted that some people use it in a blend to clean records, which would not be my recommendation. But as a workplace disenfectant/cleaner, probably one of the best.

Best wishes for everyone to stay healthly.

theeng
theeng

Postby theeng » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:27 pm

To All,

Given the sensitivity of COVID-19, let me make a few clarifications:

This document provides a list of of some 100 ready to use and concentratrd dissenfectants thst are effective against COVID -19, "Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)—Fighting Products". Just search, and a pdf document will come up.

The active biocide -amonium chloride type cationic surfactants in Hepastat 256 is the same as in many dissenfectant type cleaners such as ready to use Fantastic.

Hope this helps,

theeng
Attachments
20200317_221344.jpg
20200317_221344.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 786 times
theeng

Postby ccowan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:20 pm

Thanks so much for the note concerning the use of Hepastat for use as a general disinfectant for Coronavirus. I had forgotten that I have it at home. It is a component of the Library of Congress record cleaning formula which I have used for a couple of years in my cavitation record cleaning bath with excellent results. It’s presence in the record cleaning solution is, as I understand it, to prevent contamination of the solution over time, allowing it to be reused without having to refrigerate it. The Tergitol is the cleaning agent. But it can be found easily from numerous online sources. But do be careful with it!
VPI Prime Signature
Benz LP-S-MR
Coincident Statement Phono Preamp
Coincident Frankenstein 300B monoblocks
Coincident Partial Eclipse Mk. II speakers
Lampizator Level 4 DAC
MacBook Pro 2010 w/internal and external SSD
ccowan

Postby kurkami » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:31 am

Hi @Mat,

I wanted to support VPI in these tough times and I ordered VPI Super Prime Scout (the last one!!) on Thursday. Is there a chance this order will still ship? What will happen if NJ goes on lockdown just like NY?

Thanks,
Michal
kurkami

Postby Mat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:57 am

Hey! Good news, we are all set and still shipping. Everything has been touch and go and even though we are still open we have had made a lot of adjustments to keep the team healthy including a staggered work schedule to have less interaction and people on the floor at the same time. You should be all set :D
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby thegage » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:53 pm

Mat wrote:Hey! Good news, we are all set and still shipping. Everything has been touch and go and even though we are still open we have had made a lot of adjustments to keep the team healthy including a staggered work schedule to have less interaction and people on the floor at the same time. You should be all set :D

Yup, I just ordered some accessories via direct and had them in a couple of days. Thanks to the crew for keeping things moving.

JohnK
TNT 2, Classic platter, Periphery Ring, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Fatboy 12 Gimbal, Hana ML, Moon 310LP, PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium pre, PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP amp, Golden Ear Triton 2+, Martin Logan Depth
thegage

Postby Mat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:17 pm

We did it! We made our first batch of Purell! :D

Seriously we are thinking about making it available to help do our part during these tough times.
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Return to Mat's Corner