Question on my arm rest

NEW ARM REST QUESTION!

Postby jpb6061 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Hey, I missed the dates on this thread, but connected with a new friend in Italy! I'm sending him a spare arm rest I purchased for my SSM when I upgraded to the 3D tonearm.

New question: is there a larger radius arm rest for the 3D tonearm? If so I need one. It would be nice to be able to latch the arm to the rest; the cantilever on my Ortofon MC A90 sticks way out!.

JB
jpb6061

Re: NEW ARM REST QUESTION!

Postby Brf » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:41 pm

jpb6061 wrote:Hey, I missed the dates on this thread, but connected with a new friend in Italy! I'm sending him a spare arm rest I purchased for my SSM when I upgraded to the 3D tonearm.

New question: is there a larger radius arm rest for the 3D tonearm? If so I need one. It would be nice to be able to latch the arm to the rest; the cantilever on my Ortofon MC A90 sticks way out!.

JB

Yes, arm rests can be purchased through any VPI dealer. Just make sure to specify the exact tonearm model including length
Brf
Site Admin

RESTATING THE QUESTION....

Postby jpb6061 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks, BRF, I think....

As I said, I attempted to purchase the correct tonearm rest. Specifically, I ordered from Bob Sattin who has a pretty good understanding of things VPI and is an authorized dealer.

To Reiterate: 1st gen 10" 3D arm on SSM, replacing JMW 9. 3D arm is bigger dia. at "rest point". Described this and spoke to Bob when ordering. He called VPI as per their policy. They shipped the "small" arm rest, same as I have.

I am donating it to one of our fellow forum brothers in Italy. I'm less than inclined to screw around returning a $30.00 part.

I would like the correct one. So I should bother Bob again to have him contact VPI to hopefully get a correct part for him to sell and not make enough money on to pay for five minutes of his time? I have not spent any large amount of money with Bob's Devices, and hate to bother him with such a trivial matter.

It shouldn't be that tough... perhaps I'll machine one myself - it might be quicker.
jpb6061

Re: Question on my arm rest

Postby Bebo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 pm

I would like publicly thank JB for the kindness and mutual aid among hifi enthusiasts!
Looking forward to get the arm rest for my Classic!
Adriano
Bebo

Re: Question on my arm rest

Postby Bebo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks just delivered!
Adriano
Bebo

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner