Classified

Re: Classified

Postby Jprod » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 am

I have a manley chinook for sale with upgraded tubes. Instead of posting a while bunch of pics and descriptors, I will provide the link

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649 ... ded-tubes/
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Manley Chinook phono preamp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Re: FS SoundSmith Paua Mk II NEW

Postby miner » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:05 pm

****SOLD****.
NIB, unused SoundSmith Paua MkII cartridge. Retail new $4000, asking $2000 plus fees. Bought as a backup cartridge 5 months ago but has never been mounted nor has it been out of it's box.

The Paua is one of Soundsmith's most highly regarded top of the line low output cartridges. It has won numerous accolades and praise from users and reviewers around the word, including an “Editor’s Choice Award” in 2015 from TAS. Now we introduce the new Paua MKII, employing a newly developed Aluminum alloy used to fashion the MKII's cantilever into a precision acoustic and mechanical lever. It features stiffness in the ranges required, while providing critical damping in other sections of the acoustic spectrum. The reult is an even better Paua, a cartridge that gets raves from its owners, and can be fully rebuilt many times for $550 - a fraction of its original cost - as with all Soundsmith cartridges - 20% or less.

Featuring ultra-low internal moving mass, a specialized telescoping newly developed alloy cantilever and highly polished low mass nude Contact Line stylus, the Paua MKII will add a unique quality of warmth and smoothness to any analog system without leaving behind all the delicate musical details you want and need to hear. The Paua MKII reaches new heights of stylus control and performance, as is confirmed by its incredibly high channel separation figures.

We have accomplished a work of art with the Paua MKII design, resulting in an unparalleled and sublime performance.

The Paua is one of Soundsmith's most highly regarded top of the line low output cartridges. It has won numerous accolades and praise from users and reviewers around the word, including an “Editor’s Choice Award” in 2015 from TAS. Now we introduce the new Paua MKII, employing a newly developed Aluminum alloy used to fashion the MKII's cantilever into a precision acoustic and mechanical lever. It features stiffness in the ranges required, while providing critical damping in other sections of the acoustic spectrum. The reult is an even better Paua, a cartridge that gets raves from its owners, and can be fully rebuilt many times for $550 - a fraction of its original cost - as with all Soundsmith cartridges - 20% or less.

Featuring ultra-low internal moving mass, a specialized telescoping newly developed alloy cantilever and highly polished low mass nude Contact Line stylus, the Paua MKII will add a unique quality of warmth and smoothness to any analog system without leaving behind all the delicate musical details you want and need to hear. The Paua MKII reaches new heights of stylus control and performance, as is confirmed by its incredibly high channel separation figures.

We have accomplished a work of art with the Paua MKII design, resulting in an unparalleled and sublime performance.

Type: • Fixed Coil / Moving Iron
Mount: • Standard ½”
Stylus: • Contact Line, Nude, 0.10 mm square
Radius of Curvature: • Nude Contact Line SELECTED
Cantilever: • Telescoping Aluminum Alloy
Recommended Tracking Force: • 1.7 - 1.9 g
Effective Tip Mass: • 0.30 mg
Compliance: • 10 µm/mN
Frequence Response: • 20 - 20,000 Hz ± 1.0 dB
Channel Separation @ 1000 Hz: • > 34 dB
• N/A (Mono version)
Channel Separation @ 50 - 15,000 Hz: • > 25 dB
• N/A (Mono version)
Channel Difference: • < 0.5 dB
• < 1.0 dB (Mono version)
Output Voltage @ 5cm/sec: • > 0.40 mV (LOW)
DC Resistance (DCR): • 10Ω
Coil Inductance per channel: • 2.75 mH
Suggested Preamp Gain: • 58 - 64 dB
Cartridge Weight: • 12.2 g (ES series)
Recommended Load Resistance: • ≥ 470Ω
Recommended Load Capacitance: • n/a
Last edited by miner on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ort. Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 reg.; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sf Electa Amator III; Sf Gravis II sub
miner

Postby madrac » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Miner -
Wondering if you got the email I sent regarding the above Paua?
Regards,
Robert
madrac

Postby miner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:53 am

got it Robert - apologize for the late reply.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ort. Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 reg.; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sf Electa Amator III; Sf Gravis II sub
miner

Re: 2 unused, unmounted cartridges for sale

Postby miner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:58 am

miner wrote:I have two unused and unmounted cartridges for sale - mint! An Ortofon Cadenza Red MC, asking $950, retails for $1280. Second one is a Grado Reference 2 MI, asking $1225, retails for $1500. Both for $2100. Shipping and paypal covered at asking price. Low ballers politely ignored. These are very respectable cartridges.

PRICE LOWERED
$900 for the Ortofon and $1175 for the Grado. $2000 for both

I will keep whichever does not sell - help me make the decision. Both are excellent cartridges, either a MC or a MM

Special price for both - contact me for details
miner

Postby madrac » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:16 pm

miner wrote:got it Robert - apologize for the late reply.

No worries, miner. The alternate site worked :-)
madrac

Postby miner » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:14 am

Madrac (Robert),
A pleasure to meet you in person and enjoy your new SS Paua Mk II.

Robert was great to do business with, great communicator and quick responder. Always nice to meet follow VPI'ers.
miner

Postby madrac » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:28 pm

miner wrote:Madrac (Robert),
A pleasure to meet you in person and enjoy your new SS Paua Mk II.

Robert was great to do business with, great communicator and quick responder. Always nice to meet follow VPI'ers.

A pleasure to meet you in person, as well. I'm sure I'll enjoy the Paua :-)

Miner is a great seller. Excellent communication, responder, and punctual!
madrac

Prime, Fatboy 10, ADS, Periphery ring, HR-X weight, Mint LP

Postby Beck » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:40 pm

I recently upgraded my Prime turntable to an Avenger Reference so it is time to part with my Prime SN 16-0067 with 3d arm, RCA junction box, dual pivot, clamp, all manuals and accessories. The motor was replaced under warranty earlier this summer and it is equipped with an HRX pulley and three belts: $2,500.

I am also separately selling the following: Fatboy 10” $2,850; ADS SN 16-0009 $700; Periphery ring $850; HR-X center weight $100; Mint LP for a Prime with a 10” tonearm $80. I am willing to mix and match parts and cut a deal on pricing. For example, the Prime with the Fatboy is $4,850 in which case I would sell the 3d arm for $500. All equipment has lived in a non-smoking home and has been meticulously maintained.

Buyer pays for shipping. I have all of the original boxes. I would be willing to drive a two hour radius from Jacksonville, FL, to meet the buyer. You can email me at beckbay@bellsouth.net if you have questions or want more pictures. I have a 100% positive rating on ebay with 144 sales and my username is beckerbay.
Attachments
Fatboy 10.JPG
Fatboy 10.JPG (343.24 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Prime accessories.JPG
Prime accessories.JPG (378.86 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Prime motor.JPG
Prime motor.JPG (114.1 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Prime rear.JPG
Prime rear.JPG (215.09 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Prime front.JPG
Prime front.JPG (232 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Avenger Reference | Fat Boy 12 | Dual Pivot | Ortofon Cadenza Black | ADS | Ayre P-5xe phono preamp, K-5xe preamp, and V-5xe amp | Audio Sensibility Statement SE interconnects and Testament speaker cables | Magneplanar 3.7i | Mapleshade audio rack
Beck

Prime, Fatboy 10, ADS, Periphery ring, HR-X weight, Mint LP

Postby Beck » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:42 pm

More pictures.
Attachments
Mint LP.JPG
Mint LP.JPG (141.73 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
P-ring & HRX weight.JPG
P-ring & HRX weight.JPG (141.62 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
ADS rear.JPG
ADS rear.JPG (127.56 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
ADS front.JPG
ADS front.JPG (153.42 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
3d 10.JPG
3d 10.JPG (322.87 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Avenger Reference | Fat Boy 12 | Dual Pivot | Ortofon Cadenza Black | ADS | Ayre P-5xe phono preamp, K-5xe preamp, and V-5xe amp | Audio Sensibility Statement SE interconnects and Testament speaker cables | Magneplanar 3.7i | Mapleshade audio rack
Beck

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner