Classified

FS - NEW Shunyata PS8, Defender, Venom HC PC bundle

Postby miner » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am

I bought this bundle new 3 months ago to have as a backup to my PS Audio P5 and P12 regenerators but have decided to let go to someone who will use it. Retail is $1595, asking $1000 plus shipping and PP fees. This is less than 66% of retail price for a new, power protection unused bundle. Will come with stainless steel feet as an option.

VENOM PS8 is designed to be a high-performance alternative to common mass-market power products typically associated with lack-luster performance, cheap parts and flimsy enclosures. All dedicated home entertainment systems represent a significant investment, deserving of a reference quality power distributor; one that allows the system to perform at maximum capability without costing a small fortune. The PS8 is that product.

The VENOM PS8 is the embodiment of designer Caelin Gabriel’s never ending quest to engineer products that are not only peerless in performance but also possess exceptional build quality and value. The same premium parts and hand- craftsmanship that have earned the HYDRA Series products many awards and professional endorsements are also used in the PS8 — with the most significant difference being the PS8’s extraordinarily affordable price!
Attachments
Shunyata PS8 Defender bundle.JPG
Shunyata PS8 Defender bundle.JPG (84.88 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
Last edited by miner on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ort. Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 reg.; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sf Electa Amator III; Sf Gravis II sub
miner

Re: Classified

Postby Mr_Putty » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Is this the same as the DedicatedAudio.com Venom PS8 promotion bundle for $1195?
Mr_Putty

Postby miner » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Mr_Putty wrote:Is this the same as the DedicatedAudio.com Venom PS8 promotion bundle for $1195?

It appears to be the same bundle. I will take offers.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ort. Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 reg.; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sf Electa Amator III; Sf Gravis II sub
miner

Postby Twinsfan007 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Still looking for a VPI Prime!
Twinsfan007

Fully Restored Original MK1 VPI HW-19 (Boston Area)

Postby spinblackcircle » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Here is a fully restored, original VPI HW-19. Chassis refinished and re-glued. Every rubber item replaced, new motor, new motor standoffs, new pulley, new belt, every nut and bold cleaned and polished, new t-nuts and feet. Springs replaced with RubberSorbothane suspension (All original springs and parts included if you want to go back). Includes original two piece screw down clamp, plus new black delrin clamp. Bearing and spindle were sent to VPI and given a refurbish by Harry Weisfeld himself. New wiring and power switch.

Arm is a Sumiko MMT with two headshells and extra counterweights. Also includes spare armboard with Linn style mount. Currently using an Audioquest Cougar cable ($400).

Brand new Grado Black2 installed. GREAT on this table!

Dust cover has crack that has been repaired but should eventually be replaced to make table perfect. I have a line on one in great condition for about $140 shipped and would be happy to pass the seller info on to you.

Here's my total investment in the table not accounting for ANY of my time.

HW 19 Purchase 260
Sumiko MMT 250
Motor 99.66
ACE HW Supplies 52
Digi-Key Parts 26.23
Audioquest Cable 155
VPI Delrin Clamp 56
Grado Black 80
Amazon Parts 25
HW Bearing Rebuild 45
VPI Pulley 36.95

Total=1,085.84

And that's my price, $1100 for what equates to basically a brand new HW-19. It probably wasn't this nice coming from the factory in 1985. I'll take $950 without the AudioQuest cable and $875 without the cable and Grado Black2. The capabilities between this and my VPI Prime are allot closer than you would think.

Cash pickup in Winthrop, MA will also meet or deliver within 100 miles.

$875 HW-19 and Sumiko MMT
$950 HW-19, Sumiko MMT and Grado Black2
$1100 HW-19, Sumiko MMT, Grado Black2 and Audioquest Cougar

[MEDIA=youtube]O-xsATP6qHg[/MEDIA]
Last edited by spinblackcircle on Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Ryan Speakers R630, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

TNT 3 with TNT 5 Platter + More

Postby rplace » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:11 am

Offering it up here first since I got such a warm welcome and great info. While I love the table and its sound I am strictly limited to one table. This has been a fun project.

* TNT 3 with JMW 10" Arm - VTA on the fly base
    * TNT 5 platter and bearing
    * Upgraded 300 RMP motor
    * Brand New $120 Male Pivot Spike with large lock nut (I'll send along the old oil bath spike as well)
    * Brand New $110 Jelco tonearm Queue/Lift - drops nice a slow now
    * Brand New IsoAcoustics GAIA III feet $200 - This replaces the "green balls" which I will include which replaced the springs which are no longer around
    * Brand new $40 VPI belt, still in packaging from VPI. Existing belt which is functioning perfectly fine included.
    * Heavy, nylon, embroidered dust cover

$2475 + Shipping Or Best Reasonable Offer. I think this is more than fair given the TNT Jr that just sold on ebay without an arm and other recent TNT sales I've looked up.

No cartridge included, but if you want the Benz Micro Ruby 2 I'm sure we can work something out. I'm north of Baltimore, MD south of Philly at zip 21154. Preference given to local pick up but willing to ship. Also willing to drive around an hour to meet you for pick up. I worked at UPS for 9+ years so I know how to pack a box for safe transit.
PM with any questions or for faster response rplace AT mantistech DOT com. Tons of feedback on ebay, some on audiogon.

I've completely cleaned up and overhauled the VTA adjuster. Configured the GAIA feet such that placing the table on a shelf/cabinet is a dream compared to the green balls. New pivot spike was a very noticeable improvement in sound (as were the feet) over the smaller, original one.
Attachments
TNT.jpg
TNT.jpg (114.4 KiB) Viewed 880 times
rplace

Dr. Feikert Protractor NG

Postby aztwang » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:27 pm

[url][/url]Like new, Dr. Feickert protractor NG in original box used once mint condition
$200+ shipping
New price $160 +shipping
Last edited by aztwang on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP-- EL34- Marantz TT15-S1-- Sumiko Blackbird
Mobile Fidelity Studio Phono stage-- Blue Jeans Interconnects & Blue Jeans Speaker cable--
Goldenear Triton 1’s
aztwang

Re: Vas Nova HW special

Postby gene9p » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:21 am

gene9p wrote:
gene9p wrote:I have a still sealed HW special VAS Nova..the .8vm version

Great sound but too fragile for these old hands..Harry was nice enough to replace my original. Been just sitting here in the box it was delivered in for a couple of months Do I dare re-install? I decided no even though Harry would do the right thing in repair or replace. I just not good with these more delicate cartridges.

I accept Paypal or MO

100% feed back on Agon and E-bay for many years

REDUCED PRICE..STILL FOR SALE

850..SHIPPED

update:

Brand new,It comes with a stylus guard, see photo, and screws, I prefer SS EZ screws for all my cartridges.

Reduced again....Brand new sealed

vn-2.jpg
vn-2.jpg (261.25 KiB) Viewed 612 times

vn-1.jpg
vn-1.jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 612 times
CLASSIC 2 WALNUT,w CLASSIC 3 ARM, SDS
Hana ML Microline MC Cartridge 0.4mV
MANLEY CHINOOOK
Vinnie Rossie LIO integrated
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBET P3 ESR'S
MORROW AUDIO + AUDIO SENSIBILITY Cables
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

HRX Mini Feet

Postby Vear » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Looking for HRX Mini Feet. Let me know if anyone has a set they're willing to sell or if they can point me to a potential seller.

Thanks
Vear

Re: Nakamichi ZX-7

Postby miner » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:40 am

I have a Nakamichi ZX-7 completely rebuilt by Jeff Galen at ESL Labs in CT. The decks specs are better than new. Faceplate is a solid 9.5/10. Since rebuild I have used the deck less than 20 hrs. Bought deck for $600 and even though it worked I knew due to age the belt and grease would at least need replacing. Jeff gave me a few scenarios to choose from and I chose the full monte. a +$2K rebuild. I am now thinning out my equipment to prepare for the afterwork life. Sale will include deck, manual, 5 blank tapes, tape cleaning kit, head demag. Buyer responsible for shipping and insurance - approx. $125. I will have professionally packed. I bought this deck when my brother-in-law passed away and I could not bear to toss out his +200 recorded tapes. I will happily include these also but buyer responsible for shipment on these. $1850 net to me.
Attachments
Nak6.jpg
Nak6.jpg (92.78 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Nak4.jpg
Nak4.jpg (82.34 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Nak3.jpg
Nak3.jpg (74.13 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Nak2.jpg
Nak2.jpg (62.07 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Nak1.jpg
Nak1.jpg (63.24 KiB) Viewed 280 times
miner

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner