VPI ?????

Re: VPI ?????

Postby seamonster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 pm

yuk, yuk -
seamonster

Postby MMMC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 pm

seamonster wrote:"...a bit larger price tag!"

True, but, for those with the wherewithal, multiple components and a rack comprise the system.

seamonster,

I am an unashamed, and proud member of the proletariat. So yes, for me, it is absolutely "a bit larger price tag". Nevertheless, I also have no problem with anyone who has the "wherewithal" to purchase the turntable and system displayed, that will be going on the market. I will look forward to reading your review and performance evaluation, which I hope you will post here in this Forum. In return I will post my review after my eventual future upgrade and install of the VPI magnetic platter option to my HRX. That will be all I can afford, and it will be "a bit smaller price tag!" Thank you.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby seamonster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Hi, MMMC -
My comments were intended as friendly conversation. I only observed that the price buys four or five components. I won't be buying them, so, no review from me.
seamonster

Postby teenage diplomat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 pm

mmmc, As a fellow HRX owner, I'll read your upcoming review of the maglev platter with great interest. My HRX has the superplatter, Fatboy arm and Phoenix Engineering's Eagle/Roadrunner, and I consider it my "destination" LP player. Hard for me to imagine a night and day improvement, but who knows? If I had to guess what the difference would be, I'd say a lower noise floor due to the physical decoupling of the platter and the drive system - but that's only a guess. As I said, I'm looking forward to your review. Cheers, Zach
teenage diplomat

Postby madrac » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:06 pm

seamonster wrote:Hi, MMMC -
My comments were intended as friendly conversation. I only observed that the price buys four or five components. I won't be buying them, so, no review from me.

Or roughly 4500 albums at $30/piece.. :D
madrac

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner