I'm Alive

I'm Alive

Postby Mat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 am

I made it out just in time and I'm alive! I'm severely exhausted and jet-lagged but right back into the trenches! I'm working on blog posts about my journey, each location, and the highlights for each. I was one of the last flights to make it out of Hong Kong before they were swarmed with people. During the show there were a lot of areas we had to avoid as well. We were safe. Our distributor, Ernest Lau made sure nothing happened to us. It was a shame since from a business standpoint to majority of my Asian distributor meets were cancelled because they were either unable to or afraid to come into the country.

Regardless, I'm alive, I'm safe, and back in America!
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Re: I'm Alive

Postby 930turbo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 am

Hi Mat ,

I’m glad you were able to make it out of HKG . Wanted to attend the Hifi show but backed out last minute because of the worsening situation . They cancelled flights from the Philippines to HongKong prior the HIFI Show . According to the owner of Duntech ( speaker manufacturer ) . Also a show participant, Attendance last year was 48,000 this year it was down to 36,000.

VPI TNT 6,Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X FatBoy uni 12,Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line,REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Postby suntea » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Glad you are safe!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3,Ortofon quint Brnz,McIntosh 2300 Pre,McIntosh MC275 VI Amp,McIntosh MVP861 disc player,Tannoy Turnberry Speakers,REL T9i woofers
suntea

Postby MMMC » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Mat wrote:I made it out just in time and I'm alive! I'm severely exhausted and jet-lagged but right back into the trenches! I'm working on blog posts about my journey, each location, and the highlights for each. I was one of the last flights to make it out of Hong Kong before they were swarmed with people. During the show there were a lot of areas we had to avoid as well. We were safe. Our distributor, Ernest Lau made sure nothing happened to us. It was a shame since from a business standpoint to majority of my Asian distributor meets were cancelled because they were either unable to or afraid to come into the country.

Regardless, I'm alive, I'm safe, and back in America!

Mat,
First of all, definitely glad you are out of H.K. and well. I wish I could make it the the East Coast for a visit to the VPI house based on a few of your items that will be part of the upcoming/current, display and auditions. In particular your mention of higher efficiency speakers that mate well to perform with low powered SET amps. There was a period when low wattage SET amps were considered by many to be the point of jokes, rather than actually auditioning them with proper efficient speakers. Kudo's to you and VPI for the proper setting, and matching them with VPI turntables as the output source. I own a low watt pair of 2A3 based SET monoblocs that I will likely never sell. They sound that good! Hopefully I will get to the east coast and a trip to the VPI House within the coming six to twelve months.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Return to Mat's Corner