Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What's Playing
(05-12-2022, 04:25 PM)Mat Wrote: One of the albums I really enjoyed at the Axpona show was the original work by Isabeau Corriveau.  I met her before COVID at the Capital Audiofest and she played for us in our room.  She did the same this year with her new album Leap of Faith.  I didn't really have the ability to actually listen to much music at Axpona since I was too busy running around setting up turntables.  But I actually listened and enjoyed this fantastic work on the harp.

https://www.isabeaucorriveau.com/produit...ith-vinyl/

So I asked her about other albums and availability in vinyl...  Here is her response:

Quote:Maybe in the next year. I am looking to get a small amount of Pour mieux rêver and La joueuse de harpe on vinyl. I will let you know. I will also be sending your LP in the mail today so it should take 5 to 10 business day to receive it Smile

Thank you for your interest!
Isabeau

Looking forward to owning some of her work in vinyl.  We most likely will also get a some CDs as well... I prefer to have actual media and not just digital downloads... Vinyl would be best, but I can understand that sometimes the cost of doing that is prohibited for some artists if the volume of sales for that media is not there...
Whoa listen to the music...

Wachuko
VPI Scoutmaster Refurbish, Prime Signature Motor (300 rpm), Prime Aluminum (20 lbs) Platter and Bearing, Delrin Record Clamp, JMW 9 3D Arm with Sumiko Blue Point No.2, Upgraded Classic Feet, Periphery Ring Clamp
Brownout presents Brown Sabbath Vol II on vinyl....Latin-flavored Black Sabbath. Really nice pressing and great selection of Sabbath covers (Supernaut, Snowblind, Symptom of the Universe, Fairies Wear Boots, Children of the Grave, Electric Funeral, Sweet Leaf, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath).
VPI Classic 1 with VTA on-the fly & Fatboy Gimbal, PE Eagle/RR, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, VAS Nova HW & Soundsmith Paua
Anthem AVM70, Rogue RP-5, Rogue ST-100, VTV 7 ch amp, Oppo 203/103D, Cambridge CXNv2
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, S2, and HTM200SE's, 2 x Rythmik E15s
I'll look into that one, madrac. I like that someone finally got past the whole Iron Man love and went for some of their other work. Symptom of the Universe, Sweet Leaf. Nice. I was out working on my landscaping the other day and, no joke, Hole in the Sky went through my head.
bhjazz - Volume I is good, as well, although it does include a cover of Iron Man ;-). Unfortunately, though, I've not found a copy on vinyl that is reasonably priced.

If you like Jazz, there's also a couple of LPs by Jazz Sabbath which are jazz covers of Black Sabbath songs. It's done by Adam Wakeman, who toured with Sabbath (and Ozzy solo) as keyboard player.
VPI Classic 1 with VTA on-the fly & Fatboy Gimbal, PE Eagle/RR, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, VAS Nova HW & Soundsmith Paua
Anthem AVM70, Rogue RP-5, Rogue ST-100, VTV 7 ch amp, Oppo 203/103D, Cambridge CXNv2
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, S2, and HTM200SE's, 2 x Rythmik E15s