Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HW19 Mk3 - pulley removal??
I had some issues with speed of my hw19 and ended up ordering new pulley with correct size/diameter. The replacement pulley was delivered and I expected the replacement to be a simple process. But it turns out that it's not!! The old pulley is not fastened on the shaft with screws. It seems to be just pressed on the shaft. Or maybe glued? Anyway - it's not possible to take it off. I applied a bit of force but nothing happens.

Please - what should I do to remove the old pulley? Any suggestions or maybe I'm missing something that should be obviuos?

Thanks!
Two options. Heat the pulley with a hair dryer on hi. This will expand the pulley and loosen the friction fit. Second option, put the motor with pulley in the freezer. The cold will shrink the metal motor shaft more than the pulley itself and it should also lessen the friction fit.
Brf is right. I'm curious though, what about your original pulley was causing the speed variations?
(04-22-2022, 04:32 PM)Rob3 Wrote: Brf is right. I'm curious though, what about your original pulley was causing the speed variations?
The player was imported from US, I live in Sweden. The pulley size was not correct for usage on 50hz. So, it was really not an issue, it was wrong pulley. 

I'll try warming it up, hope it goes off. 

Thanks!
Good luck!
(04-22-2022, 05:40 PM)Rob3 Wrote: Good luck!

Fixed it!! Heat gun at low setting and 30sec warming up did it. And the new pulley works perfectly, correct speed at last!! 

Thanks for help!
Glad it worked out.