Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HW19 MK4
Hello I am looking for information on the capacators for my HW-19 Jy MK4. It has the SP-3923 600 RPM motor. I am getting a wild vibration out of the motor. I checked the caps with a multimeter and i am getting nothing from them. I am having a hard time finding information on them or locating them locally.
I assume you are referring to the externally mounted yellow cap and not the small cap located by the switch. The value should be printed on the cap, but if memory serves me it should be a 0.68uF capacitor.
(04-19-2022, 12:28 AM)Brf Wrote: I assume you are referring to the externally mounted yellow cap and not the small cap located by the switch.  The value should be printed on the cap, but if memory serves me it should be a 0.68uF capacitor.

Yes they are external both red and yellow. The yellow cap on mine is .82mfd 400v and the red is F102K 630pp1 both of which I'm having a hard time getting my hands on.
Don’t worry about replacing the red snubber cap which is used to suppress power switch arcing. Did you reach out to VPI for a run capacitor replacement?  A 0.68uF cap was used on a lot of 600 rpm motors and should work with yours
We still have all the capacitors (or at least an equivalent) that can be used Smile fire us an email at info@vpiindustries.com and the team can hop on this.