Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPI Fatboy Uni 10 Counterweight
Nice. Glad you got it solved, although that seems like an odd predicament.

I see your Delos azimuth is off, and I bet you do, too. I also see your inside counterweight is being used. I went through a similar issue myself, although with a different tonearm. I ended up solving this by untwisting the Lemo connection and also heating the wire with a hair dryer until it got itself back into place. Actually took a day for the length for the wire to unravel. YMMV. But I got the azimuth straightened out (literally) and only had to adjust the side weights very slightly. Sure, this will have a lot of effect on anti-skate, so proceed carefully.
Side note, I absolutely love the Delos... I'm a fan of the table too Wink
(04-05-2022, 05:02 AM)brimster Wrote: Gang, Sorry for wearing-out the forums tonight

This is exactly what the forums are here for!  Not a worry on my end!   Wink
(04-05-2022, 09:26 PM)brimster Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 08:49 PM)seamonster Wrote: brimster, would you mind posting a photo of the weights "final push" position?
Thanks!

Sure.  Here's a bunch.

No comments about the general cleanliness of my TT.

I'm working on it!! 

;-)

Very nice photos! Nothing shows dust on black like photographs, for sure.
(04-05-2022, 09:57 PM)Brf Wrote: In one picture, your left azimuth side weight seems to be out quite a bit.  Do you need that much azimuth adjustment?

DAMN Brf!  Are you a crime scene investigator in your day job or what?!  You're VERY observant (and VERY right).  

Separate issue...  I could not - for the life of me - get the damn azimuth right.  ANOTHER hair-pulling event.  As you saw, I had the "outrigger" about as far out as it would go and I STILL couldn't get it to flatten-out.  Finally gave-up and called VPI.  In fact, that's why I had the pix handy - for them!  They scratched their heads a bunch and came to the conclusion that my Fatboy must've left the Garden State with the wand misaligned with the female bearing assembly (best term I could come up with for it).  So I simply set the azimuth as you would with the gimbal arm and she's as flat as a pancake now.  

Listening - and loving - at this very moment.  

In fact, I'm about to make my next forum post on a new topic.  Stay tuned!  ;-)
(04-05-2022, 09:57 PM)Brf Wrote: In one picture, your left azimuth side weight seems to be out quite a bit. Do you need that much azimuth adjustment?

I just noticed that you have a significant lemo wire twist which is more than likely affecting your azimuth set up.