Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Need your Feedback and Recommendations on the new Forum
(02-21-2022, 08:23 PM)tony22 Wrote: Hey, Mat, send me that text already!

Just checked!  All  Cool here!
(02-21-2022, 12:51 AM)Johnny Wrote: Instead of recommending specific cartridges, perhaps a short tutorial on how to properly match/select a cartridge to a particular tonearm.

That's perfect, Johnny. I like the whole "teach a man to fish" concept!
How about "Show Us Your Listening Room"?
I agree with previous recommendations, especially having an archive of the old forum.  I would suggest a Marketplace/For Sale thread.  Don't bury it in another topic like the old forum.  I would also hope that once the activity level picks up someone from VPI regularly monitor the forum and help whenever possible.  I know Mat tries, but he's got a lot on his plate!  Smile
(02-22-2022, 12:36 AM)pevo Wrote: I agree with previous recommendations, especially having an archive of the old forum.  I would suggest a Marketplace/For Sale thread.  Don't bury it in another topic like the old forum.  I would also hope that once the activity level picks up someone from VPI regularly monitor the forum and help whenever possible.  I know Mat tries, but he's got a lot on his plate!  Smile

Someone who knows how to contact Brent (Brf) should let him know we’re back up and running. I hope he joins back up. The guy knows just about everything there is to know about VPI tables.
VPI Avenger Direct (Serial #0001 Big Grin ), Fatboy gimbal 12”, various carts, Von Schweikert E SE, Pass XP20, Pass X260.8 monoblocks, PS Audio PST and DS DAC, Sonore ultraRendu, Matrix X-SPDIF2
(02-22-2022, 01:28 PM)tony22 Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 12:36 AM)pevo Wrote: I agree with previous recommendations, especially having an archive of the old forum.  I would suggest a Marketplace/For Sale thread.  Don't bury it in another topic like the old forum.  I would also hope that once the activity level picks up someone from VPI regularly monitor the forum and help whenever possible.  I know Mat tries, but he's got a lot on his plate!  Smile

Someone who knows how to contact Brent (Brf) should let him know we’re back up and running. I hope he joins back up. The guy knows just about everything there is to know about VPI tables.

Tony, I totally agree with trying to get Brf back.  As I recall the last time I was able to check the old forum he had been missing for a while.  Not sure if he returned prior to the forum old forum crashing.
100% agree I will send him over in email to let him know about the new home. Also it's gonna be a lot easier the back and controls are so much more intuitive than on the old forum. They literally have a button specifically to blow up Spam users.
How about a section (or thread) where we discuss different parts / components of a VPI table and best ways to explore upgrades / options?
VPI Prime 21, Ortofon Cadenza Black, PS Audio Stellar Phono Pre, PS Audio BHK Pre, Pass Labs XA60.5 Monoblocks, Salk Veracity HT3 speakers.
I'm only seeing Quick Reply as an option on threads (unless I quote someone.) Is there an option to enable full replies (with HTML, etc.)?

EDIT: Figured it out. Quick Reply box gives you few controls. New Reply gives you full edit capabilities.
We need the forum to automatically resize an image resolution to the appropriate acceptable size. I just tried posting a picture from my iPhone and got a system response that the image was too large.